Doctoral Student Professional Development Workshop Sponsored by the "Journal of Public Administration Research" and "Theory and Perspectives on Public Management and Governance"
Location: Ward Circle Building, Room T2
- Bradley E. Wright, The University of Georgia
- Rhys Andrews, Cardiff University
- Sandra Groeneveld, Leiden University
- Patrick Kenis, Tilburg University
- Stéphane Lavertu, The Ohio State University
- Kenneth J. Meier, Texas A&M University
- Stephanie Moulton, The Ohio State University
- Dan Smith, University of Delaware
- David M. Van Slyke, Syracuse University
This workshop will engage students in hands-on learning across a range of topics that may not be covered systematically or consistently across Ph.D. programs. By attending the workshop students will:
- Gain insight into the ‘publication journey’ of academic manuscripts by:
- Writing and getting feedback on an original review of a recently published manuscript;
- Discussing the revision process the manuscripts’ author went through before their work was accepted for publication;
- Build a network among peers, future colleagues, and potential employers; and
- Get tips from experienced scholars on selecting journals to target for different types of work.
This workshop is sponsored by the Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory and Perspectives on Public Management and Governance. There is no cost to students to attend, and your conference registration fee will be waived if you are selected to participate in the workshop. A light lunch will be provided.